StudentsAll the information you need to be successful at Encore
It is with great pleasure that we welcome you to the Encore Jr./Sr. High School family! We congratulate you on your enrollment to EHS and wish you much success as you embark on what is just the beginning of a lifetime of learning. Your choice of attending EHS indicates your personal commitment to learning and is a significant step towards achieving your lifetime goals.
Excellence is rarely an accident; it comes from desire, dedication, and determination. Your first year here will be a very important year in your academic journey and a great opportunity for you to make a commitment to excellence. The faculty will personally challenge you to Strive for Excellence each and every day. The commitment to work hard on a daily basis will yield success in the future. Students who develop their habits early on will learn to carry those habits through high school, onto the university level and beyond. We expect you to come to school every day so that you can become a lifelong learner. A high school diploma is the very first step in accomplishing this goal.
We are proud of our students for their current success and their future potential. As a school community, we believe in the transformational power of a rigorous and engaging college prep curriculum. Our students are among the High Desert’s best and brightest and our expectations are high because we know they have the potential to become our nation's top leaders.
It is our pleasure and honor to serve as your school faculty. We want to celebrate your achievements and support you in times of need. We expect you to have a successful year here at EHS. Best wishes on your academic journey.
William Butler Yeats once said, “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” And here at EHS, we provide that spark. Once again, we extend our sincerest wishes for a happy, successful life at the Encore Jr./Sr. High School for the Performing and Visual Arts.
School Teachers, Staff and Administration
Encore Jr./Sr. High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
Things to Know:
- You can make an appointment to see the guidance counselor with the front receptionist in the A Building.
- Student store carries P.E. Clothes for $20.
- If you need to take home a special resource book, you can check one out from your teachers.
- Lunch costs $2.75 and is made on campus. You must buy a card from the front office for redemption.
- Junior High and High School dances are separate.
- During blackout for productions, if you miss school or a rehearsal you can be cut from the show.
- If you get a D or an F, you will be placed on academic probation.
Students can earn varsity letters by participating in many activities on campus. Some of the activities that varsity letters can be earned in are:
- Instrumental Music
On top of these activities, a student can be involved in the on campus clubs including:
- Mock Trial
- National Honor Society
- Cadet Corps
- Radio Station
- National Forensics League
Students earning a varsity letter can purchase a Letterman’s jacket from Valley Sporting Goods.
- STAR QUEST Arts Academy for KIDS grades 2-7 is NOW enrolling young performers for the Disney production of Happily Ever After, Jr! Sign up forms avail. HERE or the front desk! Rehearsals will be Tues. and Thurs. 5-7pm Starting JAN 13
- Talent Show Pre- Finals Dec. 17 at 6 pm
- Talent Show Pre- Finals Dec. 18 at 6 pm
- Talent Show FINALS January 16 at 7 pm
- Blazing Tide Jan. 30, 31 Feb 6,7
ENROLLMENT INFO: We are accepting enrollment packets NOW for 2014-2015! Attend our school tour to get yours!!(see below) Beat the wait-list!- We are looking for PASSIONATE Band, Dance, Vocal, Theater and Art Students… HURRY!
SCHOOL TOURS: NEXT TOUR: EVERY Wednesday at 5pm sharp in the A building.
Purchase tickets online for upcoming shows here
Purchase tickets online for upcoming shows at Encore High School. You have the ability to choose any seats that are avaiable so make sure to order your tickets early in order to get the best seats.
Information & Announcements
- Lunch- 2.75 per day. Breakfast 1.50 per day.
- Get Encore updates via text message! Just text the word Encore to 292929.
Encore High School is a pre-college campus. This does NOT mean the classes are “harder,” rather it describes the way the campus “behaves” as it prepares students... Read More>>
- 16955 Lemon St
- Hesperia, CA 92345
- Click here for a map>>
School Hours & Info
- School Hours: 7:20-3:00
- Office Hours: 7:00-3:30
- Phone: 760.956.2632
- Fax: 760.956.2282
Encore Education Corporation is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations. We do not discriminate against any person based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, or disability. Accredited through the Western Association of School and Colleges.
Charter schools follow the same legislation as any public school and must adhere to the California Department of Education requirements. They are funded by state and federal means and cannot charge tuition. This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Encore’s board of Directors meets on the last Thursday of every month at 6:00 pm. Agendas for board meetings are posted by the front door of the A building. Access to upcoming agendas is available 24 hours per day. Access to public records is available during front office hours only.